The Festival of Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
On this page you will find postings for seasonal positions for the months of July and August. Other seasonal positions may be posted closer to the start of the summer season.
Applicants may be subject to background checks and/or drug and alcohol screening. Job applicants who are under 18 and have not graduated from high school must be able to provide a work permit if hired.
On this page you will find postings for seasonal positions for the months of July and August. Other seasonal positions may be posted closer to the start of the summer season. Most positions pay between $9 and $11 per hour and some positions may include a bonus based on sales.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Usher (16 + years old)
To apply for the usher position, download, print out and complete an usher application and data record. The application also includes an usher information sheet for you to keep. Mail the usher application and data record form directly to the House Manager. The address is located on both the application and usher information form. Do not return the usher information sheet.
Shifts Available: 7pm – 9pm (up to six days per week)
Description: Assists patrons to seating locations.
Requirements: Friendly, service oriented, patient, able to walk up and down stairs, work outdoors in evenings. Available nights, weekends, holidays.
This position is full-time, year-round, hourly (compensation DOE), and includes a generous benefit package.
General Description of Position: The Electrician/Maintenance Technician is responsible for overseeing electrical maintenance for the Festival of Art’s property, with additional duties as assigned. The emphasis is on electrical, but the ideal candidate would have experience in multiple trades of construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Applies knowledge of practical problem solving skills, broad knowledge of basic tools and equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of lighting and electrical; trouble shooting when required.
- Maintenance of company communication systems (phone, fax, etc…) as well as security alarm and camera systems. Respond to emergencies (i.e. alarm calls, equipment failure, broken pipes), when needed.
- Plumbing skills to complete tasks such as repairing toilets, sinks, urinals, drain cleaning, and rooting.
- Keep storage/maintenance shop facilities & equipment clean and in working condition.
- Assists with support regarding computers, their function and installation in the facility.
- Coordinates power and communication needs for special events functions.
- Inspects fire extinguishers on a monthly basis.
- Light construction work.
- Custodial work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years previous experience with electrical, plumbing, and light construction.
- Knowledgeable in proper use & storage of tools, equipment, and cleaning agents.
- Requires flexibility to change and perform various duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work additional days and hours prior to and during the summer season, including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 90 lbs.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving history.
- Must be reliable, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
TO APPLY: Download application and complete and mail with resume to: Human Resources, Festival of Arts, 650 Laguna Canyon Road, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 949-494-9387.