Pageant of the Monsters Scarecrow Contest
Brush off those creative cobwebs and sign up for the Festival of Arts and Pageant of the Masters’ Scarecrow Contest! Scarecrows will be displayed at the Pageant of the Monsters October 26, 27, 28 and 31.
This contest is open to clubs, groups, businesses, organizations or individuals.
Arrival of Entries:
- All entries must be fully assembled and be brought to the Festival grounds Thursday, October 25 between 11am and 6pm. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- All entries will be displayed outdoors and must be able to withstand the elements.
- Scarecrows should arrive fully assembled with all decorations securely attached.
- Entries must be free standing or have their own support system.
- All scarecrows must be no larger than 7 feet tall as measured in place from the ground to the highest point of the entry and no wider than 4 feet.
- Participant name and title of scarecrow will be displayed with entry and used for voting purposes for People’s Choice.
- Please keep in mind this is a family friendly event. Advertising, political or religious statements are not permitted. The Festival of Arts reserves the right to deny any entry.
- No electricity will be available for the displays.
- The Festival of Arts is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal items associated with the scarecrow while on display.
- Judges will select the top three winners. For the People’s Choice Award, entries will be voted on by patrons attending the Pageant of the Monsters on October 26, 27, 28. Winners will be announced on October 31. Winners do not need to be present to win and will be contacted via phone number provided on application.
- Entries must be removed from the Festival from the grounds on Thursday, November 1 between 11am and 6pm. Scarecrows remaining after 6pm will be discarded.
First Place $500
Second Place $250
Third Place $100
People’s Choice: A $100 cash award will be presented to the entry which receives the most votes from event attendees.
October 12: Registration Closes
October 25: Entry Drop off from 11am to 6pm
October 26: People’s Choice Voting from 6pm to 9:30pm
October 27: People’s Choice Voting from 6pm to 9:30pm
October 28: People’s Choice Voting from 6pm to 9:30pm
October 31: Winners Announced
November 1: Pick up/Remove Scarecrows from 11am to 6pm
ENTRY DEADLINE PASSED
We are no longer accepting entries to the scarecrow contest. Vote on your favorite at the Pageant of the Monsters on October 26, 27 and 28 and find out who takes the top prize on October 31.